Thursday, February 18, 2010

Spin It to Win It

But what exactly I'll be winning is beyond me.

Tonight was the first spin class with All Tri and I feel as though I've been paddled like a awkward freshman fraternity pledge. One might suspect that given the amount of cycling I have done over the years, one day my back side would toughen up, but the super-flat-white-girl-swimmer bottom I'm sporting doesn't leave much between the saddle and my aching parts.

As I attempted (and failed miserably) to lift off the saddle without shaking my bike or having dead spots in my pedaling, I realized, "wow Hammons... you are wearing padded spandex pants and a very unflattering shirt, both of which are covered in sweat, in front of a handful of virtual strangers, a smokin' hot guy, and a man wielding a digital camera."

What was I thinking getting myself into this!?!

I was thinking about the 40,000 people in the United States who missed work today because of asthma.

I was thinking about the 7 million children in the United States with asthma.

I was thinking that a little soreness because of a bicycle is nothing compared with not being able to breathe.




To help support the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America, Donate here.

0 comments: