Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Head Case

Last week an acquaintance said that only crazy people do triathlons and my being in less than stellar health and still doing this made me a complete head case. With that, I figure now is as good a time as any to show you all what's really inside my head... and what an interesting mess of swirls it is.

Now, I would love to tell you all about what you are looking at, but all I am really certain of is that the hip bone's connected to the back bone, the back bone's connected to the neck bone, the neck bone's connected to the head bone... now shake dem skeleton bones! If you happened to be in medical school, residency or medical practice, you should probably only use that information as a loose guide.

I have been referred to an otolaryngologist (ENT) to get a closer look and also to use words to describe the images in something other than grey-black-white-swirly-mucus-are-those-my-eyeballs terms. So Thursday we will know for sure whether or not they will be cutting on the inside of my nose through my nostrils. If they have to, I say we go ahead with a little elective reshaping while we're at it. What harm could it do?


To help support the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America, Donate here.

2 comments:

Jennifer W said...

It looks like a Picasso drawing of you? I want to know why your nasal cavity goes up that high above your left eye? But then I am not a doctor, I just talk to them all the time..

J Webb

Debra said...

Just wanted to let you know that I don't think you are crazy! I am very, very proud of you!!!!