Thursday, August 5, 2010

It's Okay Dream Killer, I Have a New Dream


Back in May, I was a girl full of hope and joy. Excitement over the bike refurb that I was starting spilled forth like rays of sunshine. I took the 1976 10-speed apart with care and loaded up the frame to go to Bicycles Plus. On the drive over, I felt as though I was skipping through a rainbow colored field of candy flowers on may way to dance with my prince charming on a bed of marshmallows.

I walked into BP ready to share the love that was growing inside my heart. These guys... sigh... they're amazing...

AMAZING AT KILLING DREAMS!!!!!!!!

Now I won't name names, but someone, is a dream killer. I said then that it would be unfair to have his first mention in the blog result in the name Dream Killer, but here I am, two and half months later, and I still refer to him as Dream Killer. Even my mother knows he's a Dream Killer. She hasn't looked at a man in my life with such disdain since the heartbreak of 1993. Oh, Jeff. My 13 year old heart couldn't take your dashing good looks and toilet paper war.

There is a silver lining though. I do still like Dream Killer. He suggested the bike become art... and it finally has.

Above the fireplace in the living room (not to be confused with the early 80s adult film fireplace that I have in the bedroom- no joke). The piece is gold, cream, maroon, black, and grey. It weighs a ton, as most bikes from the 70s do. But it is fabulous!

Feel free to come over and check it out.

0 comments: